It’s amazing how so many people love chocolate cakes. One of my favorite is the “Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes”. It’s sooooo delicious!
If you are like me, I urge you to try this recipe when you have time. You’ll fall in love with it. Trust me… 🙂
So here it is:
Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes
Number of servings: 6 persons
Nonstick cooking spray
6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
10 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries thawed, pured in blender
Fresh raspberries, optional
1/2 cup heavy cream, softly beaten
Fresh mint sprigs, optional
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting, optional
1. Spray inside 6 individual custard cups or souffl dishes with nonstick cooking spray; then set aside. In small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Add butter and sugar; stir until melted.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl. In small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
3. With electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat chocolate mixture; add eggs and flour mixture; beat about 6 minutes until thickened. Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Remove and discard plastic from frozen cakes. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until edges are set and center is moist. Cool cakes slightly before inverting onto serving platters.
Miam miam! 🙂
2006. Joana Steele.